Online Blackjack UK
Renowned for its widespread popularity, online blackjack is as much a staple of online casinos as its table-based counterpart in brick-and-mortar casinos. Blackjack offers a blend of strategy and chance.
Here at BestCasinoHQ, you’ll discover a diverse array of top-notch online casinos offering a rich selection of blackjack variants, with many being accessible on mobile devices as well as desktops.
Join us as we delve into this dynamic card game, exploring how to play, potential payouts, and how to find the best online casino that offers online blackjack and suits you.
How To Play Blackjack
In blackjack, the goal is simple: get a hand total closer to 21 than the dealer without going over.
Each player receives two cards and can request more (“hit”) or stick with their current total (“stand”). Number cards are worth their face value, face cards (Jack, Queen, King) are worth 10, and Aces can be worth 1 or 11, whichever benefits the player more.
After receiving cards, players decide their moves based on their total and the dealer’s visible card. If a player’s total exceeds 21, they go bust and lose the round. When all players finish their turns, the dealer reveals their facedown card and must hit until they beat any remaining players or go bust themselves.
Winning happens either by having a higher total than the dealer without going over 21 or if the dealer busts. Remember, blackjack is a mix of chance and strategy, so understanding when to hit, stand, split pairs, or double down can be incredibly helpful.
Online Casino Blackjack Rules
We discussed how to play blackjack above, and it is the exact same for online blackjack. The only difference is that it uses a Random Number Generator (RNG) in place of the dealer.
However, there are some additional blackjack rules that also apply to online blackjack games:
If dealt two cards of the same value (like two 7s), players can split them into separate hands, each with its own bet of the same amount. They play these hands independently, receiving an additional card for each, aiming to improve their chances.
Players can double their initial bet after receiving their first two cards and, in return, receive only one more card. This move is advantageous if a player believes a third card will give them a strong chance of beating the dealer.
If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, players have the option to make an insurance bet, which pays out if the dealer hits a blackjack. However, this move is debated among players due to its higher house edge.
Dealer’s Move on 17
Depending on the specific game rules, the dealer must hit or stand on a soft 17 (an Ace and a 6). This rule can impact player strategy significantly, as it affects the dealer’s probability of busting or reaching a strong hand.
Blackjack Odds & Payouts
In blackjack, the odds of winning a hand vary based on strategy and the specific rules in play. On average, a player employing basic strategy faces roughly a 48% chance of winning a hand, the dealer around 52%, and the remaining percentage accounts for pushes or ties.
The house edge in blackjack typically hovers around 4%, but this can end up as low as 0.5% if implementing basic strategy effectively. It’s crucial to know that the house edge cannot be eliminated entirely.
Regarding payouts, a standard win in blackjack pays 1:1 (even money). However, landing a blackjack (an Ace and a 10-value card) often pays out at 3:2. Other potential payouts can stem from doubling down or splitting pairs, where wins are based on the initial bet and can vary based on the specific casino’s rules.
Be sure to check the rules before playing a game of blackjack to know what to expect.
How To Find The Best Online Blackjack Casino
In the realm of online blackjack casinos, the definition of the best site varies based on individual preferences. Some players gravitate toward straightforward blackjack variations, eschewing complex side bets or intricate game features, preferring the traditional gameplay with standard rules.
On the flip side, there are enthusiasts who seek out specific variants or innovative twists within the blackjack gameplay, favouring diverse game types or unique rule sets.
Selecting the ideal blackjack casino hinges on personal preferences and gaming inclinations. Opting for a platform that boasts a diverse array of blackjack variations from multiple software providers covering various themes and rule sets could be advantageous. This variety grants players the flexibility to explore different blackjack styles or switch between classic and modern versions based on their preferences.
Of course, then there are the general things to look for in an online casino, such as offering multiple deposit methods to cater to a range of player preferences, while secure and fast withdrawals epitomise quality service. Stellar customer support, available round-the-clock, contributes to a seamless gaming experience. Crucially, being fully licensed and regulated by recognised authorities ensures trust and legitimacy within the community, guaranteeing fairness and safety for all players.
Play Online Blackjack For Real Money
All of the UK online casinos you find on our site allow you to play online blackjack for real money.
The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) doesn’t allow demo modes or free play options as part of their efforts to combat problem gambling.
Therefore, the games are real money games, including online blackjack, which means you play them by placing wagers using your own deposited funds for the chance to win real money payouts.
Live Blackjack Online: Play Against a Live Dealer
Live casino games try to replicate the atmosphere of a real casino but with the convenience of an online casino. Using high-definition streaming technology, these games connect players to live dealers in real time.
Players interact through a user interface on their screen, placing bets and making decisions just like in a physical casino. These games usually include live chat features, adding a social element to the gameplay.
In live blackjack, players join a table hosted by a professional dealer. Through video streaming, players witness the dealer dealing physical cards in real time, enhancing the authenticity of the game. The interface displays virtual chips and options to hit, stand, double down, or split, allowing players to make their moves digitally.
Players receive cards, aim to beat the dealer’s hand, and can observe every action of the dealer, creating a transparent and engaging atmosphere.
Live blackjack games typically offer various tables with different betting limits to accommodate diverse player preferences. The combination of the convenience of online play with the authenticity of a live dealer experience makes live blackjack an immensely popular choice among online casino enthusiasts.
Discover The Best Place To Play Blackjack Online
BestCasino HQ is the place to be if you’re searching for the best place to play blackjack online. You can browse all of the different online casinos listed on our site to find the one that suits you.
We have plenty of options to choose from, and you can browse the available welcome bonus offers from different sites to see if any of them pique your interest, too.
Many online casinos have more than just traditional blackjack games available; they also have variations that shake things up, whether it’s different rules, different payouts or something else. Have a look around to see what there is on offer.
Online Blackjack FAQs
Can You Play Blackjack By Yourself?
Yes. Online blackjack is played solo. The game uses a Random Number Generator (RNG) in place of a dealer. The game doesn’t require any more players, so there is no waiting on anyone. You are able to play by yourself.
Is It Better To Play Blackjack Alone?
Playing blackjack alone is a personal choice, and whether it is better than playing with others is down to personal preference. Some may find playing alone gives them more time to think as they don’t have to worry about holding up other players and could give them a better opportunity to learn basic strategy in a less pressured environment.
However, others may prefer playing against a real dealer with other people at the table for a more sociable experience.
How Do Casinos Make Money On Blackjack?
Blackjack, like all casino games, has a house edge. A house edge is a built-in advantage that benefits the casino and guarantees them profit in the long run.
In blackjack, the advantage comes from the fact that one of the dealer’s cards remains unseen until all players have had their turn. Also, the fact that the dealer goes last, so players can lose before the dealer even has their turn.
Does Online Blackjack Shuffle Every Hand?
Online blackjack is automated as opposed to using a real dealer, so it can shuffle much quicker and more frequently without slowing down gameplay. Therefore, while it may not necessarily be every single hand – it can vary from one blackjack game to another – it does shuffle far more frequently than live blackjack.
How Does Online Blackjack Prevent Card Counting?
Online blackjack can shuffle the deck after almost every hand as it takes far less time due to being an automated process, which makes tracking the cards near-impossible. This then renders card counting incredibly difficult.
What Happens If The Player & Dealer Both Get Blackjack?
If the player and dealer both get a blackjack, then the result is a push. This means you neither win nor lose, and you simply receive your bet back.